LAKE CHAD BASIN COMMISSION (LCBC) jobs vacancy in Nigeria November 2012
The LAKE CHAD BASIN COMMISSION (LCBC) has received financial allocation from the African Development Bank, (AfDB) in order to finance the cost of the Lake Chad Basin programme of sustainable
development of the Lake Chad, (Prodebalt). It has been budgeted that part of the allocation will be used to finane the payment of salaries foreseen for recruitment of expert to coordinate the Nigerian sector based in Maiduguri, Borno state.
Hence, we are recruiting an expert for the position of:
Job Title: National Coordinator
Contract Duration: 3 years
- The expert as National Coordinator is to:
- Ensure the daily administration of the project at the national level.
- To coordinate and supervise the project in accordance with the guidelines of the African Development Bank, (AfDB).
- Organize sessions for planning, supervising and monitoring the execution of activities of the project.
Profile and Criteria for Selection
The coordinator shall come from one of the LCBC member countries (Nigeria) and have the following qualifications:
- Degree certificate in engineering, in the field relating to rural development, (environment, rural engineering, planning specialist, forestry manager and natural resources).
- Proven experience at international level, knowledge in AfDB-system and a minimum of 10 years working experience..
- Must be between 30-45 years old.
- Good knowlege of MS words, excel, access, power-point, finance and accountancy software or other tools of communication, (internet).
- Working knowledge of French is an added advantage.
Method of Application
All applicants should forward their credentials to:
The Managing Director,
Chad Basin Development Authority
Km6 Dikwa Road,
PMB 1130, Maiduguri, Borno state.
Credentials should be in this format:- (1) motivation letter, (2) CV, (3) copies of certificate.
Application Deadline 14th November, 2012