Full-Time Research Officer job vacancy at Senceworld November 2012
JOB TITLE: RESEARCH OFFICER
- To provide accurate, credible and useful market information on the Nigerian Financial Sector by supporting the implementation of research activities and the interpretation of research results as requested by the Research & Development Manager.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABLITIES
The Research Officer’ not limits main tasks will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the implementation of specialized surveys and scoping studies
- Conduct desk research, literature reviews, and produce reports
- Provide general research support relating to ’s specialized surveys and scoping studies, including participating in fieldwork, conducting analysis, and preparing presentations
- Actively monitor and participate in primary research conducted
RESEARCH PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Coordinate the development of work plan for each research project and track project status against agreed timelines and milestones
- Develop post – project evaluation report and share lessons learned with other technical staff in the company
- Support the management of relationships with chosen research partners and relevant consultants as directed
INTEGRATE INFORMATION AND DATA
- Review and interrogate data sets in other to ensure the accuracy of data collected for our survey and scoping studies
- Provide robust analysis of the data/ results of survey and scoping studies conducted
- Synthesize learning’s from research findings, drawing implications and / or conclusions that are actionable, impactful and accessible to stakeholders, in the form of presentation.
COMMUNICATE RESEARCH FINDINGS
- Contribute to the writing of relevant research publications such as policy briefs or technical notes
- Present research findings in a compelling, informative and timely manner which clearly expresses the methodology, result and recommendations.
LINK TO THE WIDER RESEARCH COMMUNITY
- Keep abreast of access to finance related research in Nigeria as well as internationally
- Produce summaries of relevant research in Nigeria and abroad, drawing out any implications for work
- Assist the research Manager in maintaining active relationships with academia and, as appropriate, support researchers working on access to finance related projects.
- Qualitative research skills (moderating analysis and interpretation of data)
- Some knowledge of quantitative research techniques and how they are informed by qualitative methods
- A good grasp or enthusiasm to learn about, communication strategies, development issues and financial issues.
- Experience of writing precise and clear reports and briefing documents
- Minimum of 3 years progressive working experience
- Good IT skills, including MS word, Excel and Power point
Send CV as an attachment by email using the job title e.g ‘Research Officer’ as the subject of the mail to