Media Resource Assistant job vacancy at BBC Media Action Nigeria Dcember 2012/2013
The BBC Media Action is the charitable arm of the World Service established by the BBC. The BBC Media Action Nigeria tackles poverty, human rights and health issues through creative use of the media
The BBC Media Action is seeking to recruit experienced individuals to fill the below position in Abuja.
Job Title: Media Resource Assistant
The position are Abuja based but may involve traveling to the focal states in Nigeria. The contract duration is expected to be one year with a start date of January 2013 and a probation period of 3 months
- Will support the Training Department in maintaining Training activities in an efficient manner relevant to all the operations of the BBC Media Action.
- Will assist Trainers in conducting research into relevant thematic areas for training activities, assist in all training related production as well as in developing and maintaining training calendars
- Support the Media Resource Officer in the distribution of outputs to partner stations
- Monitor all Media Action outputs that are broadcast on all partner stations, monitor outputs from trainees on partner stations and work with CSO5 in monitoring outputs from Project specific partner stations
- Recruit end maintain a list of Independent Monitors
- Support the Media Resource officer in maintaining and updating all BBC Media Action partnership database, support in maintaining and updating trainee and station details.
- Support the Media Resource officer in maintaining and updating the individual files of cacti partner station where training has been conducted.
- Archive all B8C Media Action outputs
- A good first degree in Management Sciences, Social Sciences or in any related field,
- Any Broadcast Media!Production Experience or related field is desirable.
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Possess good public, service oriented personality arid human relations skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative and make Sound judgment while maintaining a team players spirit
- Ability to multitask and deliver promptly
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment;
- Result oriented and commitment to excellence.
- Good knowledge of database management, spreadsheet, Corel draw anti other Microsoft office applications is essential.
N110,000.00 (per month) but does not include moving or relocation allowance to duty station.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please send in their application with an introduction letter stating capability for the job, a detailed curriculum vitae (word document please) with names and addresses of three professional referees (including their telephone, fax and email addresses) to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Stating clearly the position applied for on the application letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.