Media Resource Officer job vacancy at BBC Media Action Nigeria December 2012/2013
The BBC Media Action is the charitable arm of the World Service established by the BBC. The BBC Media Action Nigeria tackles poverty, human rights and health issues through creative use of the media
The BBC Media Action is seeking to recruit experienced individuals to fill the below position in Abuja.
Job Title: Media Resource Officer
The position are Abuja based but may involve traveling to the focal states in Nigeria. The contract duration is expected to be one year with a start date of January 2013 and a probation period of 3 months
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Department the incumbent will support the BBC Media Action External Relations Department In maintaining a Database of all Partner Stations, EEC Media Action distribution and monitoring processes in an efficient manner, relevant to all the operations of the organization. Ensuring all outputs get to media partner stations and monitor the airing of the outputs at the scheduled times.
- Create & maintain a databank of monitors for the BBC Medla Action’s outputs. And update information from partner stations Info the databank;
- Work regularly with members of the Training, Research & Production/creative teams to update databank;
- Create and maintain a list of independent monitors;
- Create and regularly update database for all 860 Media Action partner station related activities i.e. list of equipment, training, programmes. etc
- Maintain and update the SEC Media Action Summary Sheet on Training for each project. This will reflect the states, zones and partner stations where training was conducted;
- Maintain the BBC Media Action internal Data hub.
1.) Monitoring Duties
- Supervise Zonal Monitoring Officers
- Daily and weekly monitoring of programmes (by BBC Media Action and partner stations);
- Update all monitoring information/feedback from above into databank; Provide weekly update on programmes sent to Line Manager
- Weekly reporting of alt monitoring activities to Line Manager (including project specific information);
- Provide regular feedback from the monitors on the EEC Media Action’s outputs on a
- Listen back to Programme Master copies from Production before passing on to Operations;
- Work with the assigned logistics officer from Operations to ensure distribution of
- outputs to partner stations;
- Provide and deliver documentation to Operation’s Department for the duplication of outputs to be sent to the partner stations and inspect finished packages from Operation prior to pick up by courier and follow-up dispatch
- Follow up with partner station contacts on broadcast of outputs
3.) Information Sourcing
- Source for and share information relevant to enhancing all BBC Media Action partnerships
4.) Project Management Training Support
- Support Project Management and Training unit in conducting Recce to partner stations
- Support the Training unit in conducting Media Forum
- A good first degree in Management Sciences, Social Sciences or in any related field.
- Any Broadcast Media/Production Experience or related field is desirable.
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills;
- Possess good public, service oriented personality and human relations skills:
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative arid make sound judgment whit maintaining a team players spirit
- Ability to multitask and deliver promptly
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in steam and in a multicultural environment;
- Result oriented and commitment to excellence.
- Transparent judgment and decision matting.
- Good knowledge of database management, spreadsheet, Corel draw and other Microsoft office applications is essential.
N224,000.00 (per month) but does not include moving or relocation allowance to duty station.
Application Closing Date
6th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please send in their application with an introduction letter stating capability for the job, a detailed curriculum vitae (word document please) with names and addresses of three professional referees (including their telephone, fax and email addresses) to: email@example.com . Stating clearly the position applied for on the application letter
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.