Graduate Secretary and Office Assistant job vacancies at Premier Petroleum Limited 2012/2013
Premier Petroleum Limited is among the leading names in the oil and gas industry, applying innovative technologies to discover valuable resources and deliver the highest quality service to its clients.
Location: Abia State
- prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents
- organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, travel arrangements
- take, type and distribute minutes of meetings
- implement and maintain office systems
- maintain schedules and calendars
- arrange and confirm appointments
- organize internal and external events
- handle incoming mail and other material
- set up and maintain filing systems
- set up work procedures
- collate information
- maintain databases
- communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information
- liaison with internal and external contacts
- coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally
- operate office equipment
- Manage an office space
- knowledge and experience of relevant software applications – spreadsheets, word processing, and database management with typing skills of 50 wpm
- knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- proven experience of producing correspondence and documents
- proven experience in information and communication management
2.) Office Assistant
Location: Abia State
- Assume receptionist duties, greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls, and take messages.
- Assist staff with administrative duties as requested.
- Cooperate in the maintenance and/or modification of company data collection system.
- Assist with completion of necessary statistical reports as requested.
- Assist in Developing and maintaining office inventory system.
- Distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail including bulk mail.
- ensuring the Maintenance of front desk area, keeping it clean and free from clutter.
- Type and word process documents as needed.
- Order office supplies and monitor inventory.
- Update and maintain mailing lists.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers, and consumers.
- Assist with various program operations as requested as responsibilities permit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Minimum two years clerical or administrative experience.
- Typing skills with at least 50 WPM.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CV’s to:
email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org; with the position candidate is applying for as the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews.a