Senior Teacher Training Advisor job vacncy at USAID December 2012/2013
USAID-funded project in northern Nigeria aimed at strengthening state and local government capacity to deliver basic education services by addressing key issues in the management, sustainability, and oversight of basic education as well as increasing access of orphans and vulnerable children to basic education and services such as health information and counseling.
Job Title: Senior Teacher Training Advisor
Duration: 8 months contract
- The Senior Teacher Training Advisor (Sokoto) will be responsible for providing technical leadership for all teacher education activities, including leading and coordinating the teacher education and systems support activities at the state level.
- The position requires experience with teacher training policy and practice, designing applications for teacher management information systems (data collection and analysis) and personnel management.
- Current residency in Sokoto State is preferred for this position.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Senior Teacher Training Advisor will report to the Deputy Chief of Party in the Sokoto Office and work closely with the Senior Teacher Training Advisor
- Lead integrated, state-level technical working groups and steering coma in the following tasks: Strengthen state delivery of priority teacher education develop activities: Assessment of teacher education standards: Review and strengthen instructional quality and teacher performance; and Strengthen instructional quality standards.
- Work with the State Universal Basic Education (SUBEB) and a consultant firm to develop and deploy a Teacher Management information System at state and LGAs level Support pre-service literacy and numeracy service delivery. Ensure technical coordination of state-level activities and obtain support from state government counterparts and local government authorities as needed.
- Work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party (Sokoto) to manage support staff and consultants as needed to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities in Sokoto State across technical areas.
- Ensure the timely production, coordination, and reporting of all state-level data: quarterly reports, M&E data, financial information, etc.
- Participate in regular meetings and maintain regular communication with component and state level team counterparts, and with the Deputy Chief of Party (Sokoto), to ensure coherent planning and alignment with Monitoring & Evaluation expectations.
- Represent the project in major state meetings and events as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in any of the Education fields (preferably in Educational Technology).
- Minimum of five years experience working in education and development projects in developing countries.
- Minimum of five years experience of training in modern pedagogical approaches and education policy.
- Vast working experience in use of Information Technology (IT) and Education Management Information (EMIS) for personnel record keeping.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigerian educational context, especially of teacher education situation in Northern Nigeria.
- A working understanding of policy provisions of teacher education. programmes.
- Experience managing consultants and working with state level stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal skills and team building skills.
- Excellent facilitation and report writing skills.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) with an application letter as a single Word or PDF file addressed to “Chief of Party” to: email@example.com .
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Females as well as indigenes of Sokoto states who qualify for this position are encouraged to apply