Electricians job vacancy at Premier Petroleum Limited December 2012/2013
Premier Petroleum Limited is among the leading names in the oil and gas industry, applying innovative technologies to discover valuable resources and deliver the highest quality service to its clients.
Job Title: Electrician
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Four to Six (4-6) years of progressive electrical experience.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the electrical trade.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledge of electrical application for high and low voltage electric system.
- Skill in the installation, repair and maintenance of all types of electrical system equipment and components.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CV’s to:
email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org; with the position candidate is applying for as the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews.