IT Technician and Machinery Technician job vacancy at Premier Petroleum Limited December 2012/2013
Premier Petroleum Limited is among the leading names in the oil and gas industry, applying innovative technologies to discover valuable resources and deliver the highest quality service to its clients.
1.) IT Technician
Locations: Abuja/ Abia
- installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications;
- monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Talking with staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
- replacing parts as required;
- providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers;
- testing and evaluating new technology;
- Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- BA in IT Management
- BTEC (Edexcel) National Certificate and Diploma IT Practitioners
- City & Guilds (E-Quals) IT Practitioners Certificate and Advanced Diploma
- OCR (IPRO) Certificate for IT Practitioners
- At least 2 years working experience in this field.
- the ability to think logically;
- a good memory of how software and operating systems work;
- excellent listening and questioning skills combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution;
- the ability to work well in a team;
- problem-solving skills;
- patience, technical orientation and interest;
- attention to detail
2.) Machinery Technician
- A machine technician’s main responsibility involves designing and setting up machinery
- Able to operate machinery and diagnose any malfunctions of the machinery.
- Identifies and suggests various machinery that can be used to carry out relevant operations.
- Carries out various support functions such as preventive maintenance and calibration of machinery.
- Ensures safety guidelines have been made and implemented.
- Computes data and other relevant information necessary to the working of the machine.
- BA Degree/diploma
- 3-5 years working experience in related field
- A machine technician should have good design skills. This includes the use of design instruments, blueprints, technical plans and drawings.
- have mechanical knowledge and know how to use various mechanical tools and equipment
- Good communication skills. This is in order to understand instructions given and to be able to express himself and give useful feedback.
- Good visual ability to see objects which are near and far is crucial. It is important that a machine technician have good control movement and manipulative skills.
- Good reasoning and idea-generation abilities. This is in order to effectively follow and implement given guidelines and rules.
- mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand and solve average mathematical problems
Application Closing Date
19th December, 2012
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send CV’s to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com; with the position candidate is applying for as the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further interviews.