Post-Graduate Diploma, Professional and Academic Masters Programme in Indigenous Knowledge and Development Admission into University of Ibadan – Centre for Sustainable Development January 2013
The Postgraduate Degree prpgrammes in Indigenous Knowledge (IK) are aimed at teaching and research in Indigenous Knowledge and Development. The programmes’ objectives are to: enhance learning about IK and sustainable development practices; generate alternative frameworks and guidance for 1K; identify cost-effective elements in sustainable design and management of projects using IK influences and encourage knowledge-documentation and sharing in IK and development.
- The Postgraduate programme in IK is intended to attract students from all over Africa and beyond.
- The target groups are rural and urban development agents (engineers, medical practitioners, nutritionists, public servants. environmentalists, disaster risk and emergency workers, social workers. educationists. community development agents, urban and regional planners, housing developers and property managers, extension workers, politicians, traditional institutions, policy makers, Non-Governmental Organisations. Faith-based Organisations, Community-Based Organisations, etc).
- The Master’s Degree programmes in Indigenous Knowledge will he of three Semesters duration.
- The first two semesters will be for the taught courses and seminars while the third semester is for internship and writing of project report.
- The Postgraduate Diploma will be for a duration of two semesters.
- Applicants to any of the programmes must satisfy the matriculation requirements of the University of Ibadan.
2.) Other requirements
- Admission to Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) is open to candidates with minimum of lower credit Higher National Diploma or equivalent as recognised by the University of Ibadan from time to
- Admission to the Professional Master’s in 1K Degree Programme is open to graduates of this University with at least third (3’) Class, or of other approved university in the Social Sciences, Humanities, Sciences, Health Sciences, Technology. Applied Sciences. Holders of Higher National Diploma with upper creditor candidates with Higher National Diploma with lower credit plus the Postgraduate Diploma in 1K may also be offered admission.
- Admission to Academic Masters in 1K Degree Programme is open to graduates of this University with at least Second Class Lower (22) or of other approved universities in the Social Sciences, Humanities, Sciences, Health Sciences, Technology, Applied Sciences.
Application Closing Date
31 December, 2012.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should contact the following and also send their Curricula Vitae and credentials latest by 31 December, 2012.
- The Drector, Centre for Sustainable Development (CESDEV)
- Phone: +234-8060634089; Email: email@example.com: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Coordinator, Indigenous Knowledge and Development Phone: +234-8079917354: Email: email@example.com
- The Higher Programme Officer, CESDEV
- Phone: +234-08035973449; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CESDEV email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org