Director, Internal Audit (DIA) job Vacancy at The Institute of chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) January 2013
Job Title: Director, Internal Audit (DIA)
The focus of this role is to promote compliance, accountability and transparency in the management of the Institute’s affairs and ensure adequacy and effectiveness of internal control systems through regular audit of operational procedures and practices. The position reports to the Registrar/Chief Executive.
- Develops Internal Audit Programme/Annual Audit Plan and submits to executive management for review and approval
- Plans and ensure the conduct of regular review and audit of processes, policies, procedures and operations to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance
- Provides a Concise Project Appraisal & Management Handbook
- Ensures regular inventory checks are conducted on all stock control records
- Undertakes special investigations as requested by senior and executive management
- Provides advice on risk management and internal audit issues to management
- Liaises with external auditors and implements post audit recommendations
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
- Ensures prompt and effective collection of membership subscriptions
- Conducts assessment to eliminate waste/leakages and determine improvement solutions
- Develops investment and procurement policy documents in line with global best practices
- Collaborates with the IT Department to ensure that the Institute’s website serves as avenue for corporate advertisements to generate revenue
- Plans regular internal audits visits, performs audit tests, analyses results and reports findings to executive management with a view to identifying discrepancies and exceptions and proffering recommendations
Skills and Competencies
Sound grasps of controls, risk management, auditing and investigation with good numerical and analytical skills. The role also requires leadership, attention to details, assertiveness skills, good communication skills and proficiency in the use of relevant auditing and accounting software. Integrity, strong presence that inspires confidence, ability to work under pressure and commitment to good corporate governance are also required for success in the role.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting/Audit
- Post graduate degree or MBA
- Professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA or its acceptable equivalent)
- Minimum of fourteen (14) years relevant postgraduate work with at least five (5) must have been spent in a reputable professional audit firm and two (2) at senior management level
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above, please forward your application and a copy of your resume electronically to:
email@example.com ; quoting the relevant reference code for the position in the subject.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 2nd January, 2013