ICAN Jobs in Nigeria(firstname.lastname@example.org), January 2013
Transition management imperatives and the need to be more effective in the pursuit of the Institute’s mission critical objectives have combined to create exciting career opportunities at executive leadership levels.
Job Title: Registrar/Chief Executive
The position reports to the Council and has primary responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership of the Institute with focus promoting the interests of members and the profession of accounting in Nigeria while ensuring cost-effectiveness in the daily implementation of programmes and plans
The role calls for strong and visionary leadership capabilities, excellent stakeholder engagement and influencing skills as well as sound grasps of industry, regulatory and policy dynamics. The person must be decisive and innovative with very good communication skills and strong hands-on experience of conflict resolution, performance, Project and change management. The ideal person must be self-driven and goal focused with a strong sense of professional integrity in public engagement.
Experience & Qualifications
- A good University Degree
- Minimum of twenty (20) years experience of which five (5) years must have been spent at top management level in a similar industry
- Member of the Institute at a grade not less than a Fellow
- Post graduate qualifications (MBA) and other relevant professional qualification will be added advantage
The position is directly responsible for:
- Coordinating the formulation, articulation and implementation of the Council’s policy decisions, operational plans and strategies for delivering the Institute’s mandate
- Preparing and presenting regular feedback and report to the council and other stakeholders
- Ensuring correct interpretation and application of legislations affecting the accountancy profession
- Providing visionary leadership to ensure sustainable growth in the Institute’s scope of operations and professional influence on the management of economic and financial resources at the National and international levels
- Building and ensuring the entrenchment of an appropriate corporate culture that aligns with the Institute’s values anchored on excellence, integrity and professionalism
- Organising all Council meetings and providing required information to guide deliberations
- Acting as the primary custodian of all legislations to be administered and complied by the Institute and the profession with relevant international and local bodies
- Communicating the vision and mission objectives of the institute to the management and staff
- Providing effective administrative oversight of the Secretariat and ensuring compliance with the requirements of IBWA, IFAC and other local and international affiliates
- Providing Secretarial support to the council and maintaining accurate and current register of members
- Ensuring full optimisation of ICAN Faculties to promote the professional development of members
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above, please forward your application and a copy of your resume electronically to:
email@example.com ; quoting the relevant reference code for the position in the subject.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 2nd January, 2013