Recent Cost Estimator Job Vacancy in the Oil and Gas Industry Nigeria 2013
Lutech Resources provides recruitment and integrated resource management for leading energy sector companies worldwide. We help clients find the right managers, contractors, engineers, project managers, and other high-level professionals.
We recruit top candidates for industries upstream (oil & gas exploration and production, LNG) and downstream (petrochemicals and refineries), and our expertise includes power and automation, utilities, and manufacturing.
Lutech Resources is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Cost Estimator
Duration: 6 Months
Reference Code: 2979
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
He/she will have responsibilities for the following:
- Coordination cost estimating activities and input from various disciplines and units
- Ensure that rates charged are in line with prevailing rates in the industry
- Compiles, checks and benchmarks cost estimation data
- Analyze project cost estimate of the project based on economic parameters.
- Perform sensitivity analysis on the estimates and cash flow forecasts to determine cash requirements and potential problem areas and corrective action to be taken
- Mentor/train Nigerian cost Estimating personnel on the project.
- Advise head – project controls and leads of projects in relation to cost estimates
- Estimate project costs based on bills of materials, projects specifications and other key inputs in determining the most realistic cost estimate
- Regularly update market price database of materials, manpower and machinery use for cost estimate
- Analyze profit viability of projects based on identified economic variants, and determine cash flow forecasts and potential problem areas and actions to be taken, if necessary.
- Carry out any other duty that may be assigned from time to time by the Engineering Manager
- Collect and update market price data of materials, equipment, and manpower to be used in the cost estimate
- Experienced Cost Estimating professional in the oil and gas industry -ideally in both upstream and downstream, onshore and offshore
- Substantial experience in front end work – conceptual and define (FEED) stages
- Be a competent user of MS Excel
- Skilled in the development and implementation of best practice project controls standards, procedures
- Extensive experience as a professional in the oil and gas industry
- Familiar with diverse political and cultural environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Good team player with a pro-active and flexible attitude, able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Educated to first degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline
- Chartered member of a relevant engineering institution, or equivalent, preferred (AACE / ACostE)
- Have experience in the development and application of quantitative risk analysis techniques
- Be familiar with cost and schedule impacts under alternative contract strategies – Lump Sum, Bills of Quantities, Reimbursable, etc.
- The successful candidate must fulfil a substantial proportion of the following requirements:
- Proven ability to challenge and influence others in a constructive manner, negotiate with internal peers, vendors and consultants to influence decisions or ways of working
- Assignment Duration: approx 6 Months
- Expected start = asap
- Hourly rate: Negotiable
- Accommodation within secured area, close proximity to the office. Single Self contained apartment / Flat with facilities.
- Subsistence Allowance /provisions for food 130,000 Naira Only/Month
- Local transportation would be provided
- Medical Insurance provided
- Hours: 55 Hours/Week
- Rotation: 8 weeks ON x 2 weeks OFF
- Provisions made by Company:
- Visas/Work permit reimbursed by Company
- Flights: Economy Class
- Meet and greet at airport in Lagos
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 3rd March, 2013