Recent Professorial Chair jobs career at University of Port Harcourt Choba, Nigeria 2013
University of Port Harcourt Choba, Nigeria
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidate to occupy the position for a Chair in African Visual Arts & Design in the Faculty of Humanities of the University of Port Harcourt; The University wishes to appoint a scholar of the highest distinction with a proven track record in research and teaching in any field of African Visual Arts & Design.
The University is particularly keen to recruit a scholar with broad knowledge in the field of African Visual Arts & Design, whose research specialization is in one of the specialties in Fine Arts & Design with potential interdisciplinary concern.
Faculty of Humanities
Department of Visual Arts & Design
Position: Professorial Chair (in Fine Arts and Design)
Summary of Job Purpose and Principal Duties:
- The successful candidate with be expected to lead the development of African Art and Design with a strong portfolio of teaching and research interests.
- He/She will be expected to provide strong academic leadership; both within the Art & Design programme of the University and in the wider Faculty of Humanities, as well as develop collaborative links within and beyond the Faculty.
- Willingness and aptitude to play this role in leadership and synergy will be important criteria for candidate applying to fill the post.
Purpose of the Post
- To lead the development of research and teaching in African Visual Arts & Design.
- To contribute to the leadership of the Chair and the Faculty in the University.
- To produce high quality research publications, grant applications, projects and collaborations within and outside Nigeria.
- To deliver high quality teaching in African Visual Arts & Design within and outside Nigeria.
- Leading the development of African Visual Arts & Design.
- Leading research grant applications and projects.
- Organize seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Publishing research papers and monographs of the highest quality.
- Design and delivery of postgraduate and undergraduate modules as agreed with the Dean and the Chair Occupant.
- Supervision of postgraduate students.
- Providing leadership for the Chair and the Faculty as agreed with the Dean and the Chair Occupant.
The salary and conditions of the appointee are as applicable to all Professorial Chairs in the University of Port Harcourt.
Applications close on 4th April 2013.